Acupuncture Kansas City
Acupuncture refers to the use of fine needles that are strategically inserted into the body to relieve tension and allow the free flow of qi (our vital energy) and blood throughout the body. Modern scientific research has shown acupuncture stimulates parts of the brain that correspond to the needled acupuncture points. It also aids in the release of endorphins which are the body’s natural painkillers as well as other hormones and neurotransmitters.
How it works
- It helps to relieve pain by stimulating the release of endorphins, the body’s natural painkillers.
- It can help to improve circulation by increasing blood flow and promoting the release of vascular and nervous system relaxants.
- The Gate Control Theory suggests that acupuncture works by “turning off” the pain signals that are sent to the brain.
- Reduced pain
- Reduced depression
- Reduced anxiety
- Improved sleep
- Improved digestion
- Improved immune function
- Improved general health/wellbeing
- Increased mental clarity
- Increased energy
Conditions Acupuncture can help with:
Click here to view the complete list of conditions for which the World Health Organization (WHO) recognizes acupuncture as an effective treatment.
Research articles about Acupuncture:
- “Effectiveness of acupuncture on anxiety disorder: a systematic review and meta-analysis of randomised controlled trials“
- “Effects of Acupuncture on Chronic Stress-Induced Depression-Like Behavior and Its Central Neural Mechanism“
- Acupuncture: What You Need To Know (NCCIH)
- “The Long-term Effect of Acupuncture for Migraine Prophylaxis“